- KGW Electrical was tasked to design and manufacture a new and
improved electrical control system for a hydro-mechanical test rig used to
assess fuel flow systems in aircraft engines.
- Fuel activated rigs are classified as hazardous areas and as such the design and installation
had to be ATEX/DSEAR compliant.
- Our team worked in close collaboration with the customer to fully scope out the exact requirements for the project
before employing the latest electrical design techniques and best practices to complete the design
- KGW Electrical’ s experienced and COMPEX EX12 certified design team has specialist expertise in designing and
installing control systems for “Hazardous Areas”.
- Our expertise ensured that the finished design conformed to ATEX, the LV and EMC directive, the latest BS EN 13489-1
Safety Standard and our own rigorous internal approval process.
- The Controls Panels were manufactured in house to the approved design using our highly skilled electricians and panel
builders, once again following our strict manufacturing procedures and standard practices.
- Every electrical component was fully tested for functionality and safety during the manufacturing process before it left
our workshop to ensure total reliability on delivery.
- We Installed the system to the approved design using experienced COMPEX trained electricians.
- The customer now has a more reliable, energy
efficient Control System for their hydro-mechanical
test rig than before.
- The new Control System means that there was significant reduction
in electrical noise issues.
- The new Control System is fully compliant to the ATEX Directive, Low Voltage Directive
and EMC Directive, as well as the latest safety standards.
KGW Electrical Provides:
- Customised AutoCAD design solutions to suit our customers’ specific applications, including designs for Low Voltage
Control Panels, Installations and Safety Systems.
- Design, manufacture and installation of fully integrated Control Systems.
- Qualified hazardous areas expertise ensuring ATEX/DSEAR compliance.
- Safety critical Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programmes.
- Emergency electrical breakdown support and repair service.
- ISO 9001 2018 and SAFE contractor certified for the highest quality standards.
Get In Touch: